‘Overseas consular assistance’ helping BJ Ah-young case and Son Jun-ho… any day

Posted bycollagennewtree@gmail.com Posted onJune 20, 2023 Comments0

It has been found that the government is providing consular assistance토토사이트 to Internet broadcaster ( BJ ) Ah-Young (real name Byeon Ah-Young), who recently died in Cambodia, and soccer player Son Jun-Ho, who is under investigation after being arrested in China. Consular assistance refers to assistance provided by the state to protect the life, body, and property of Korean nationals residing abroad from incidents and accidents. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the police are considering ways to increase the number of police resident officers to expand consular assistance.

According to local media and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the 20th, the investigation into the case of BJ Ah-young, who died in Cambodia, is speeding up. Local prosecutors decided to conduct an autopsy on Mr. Byun to reveal the exact cause of death. An autopsy date has not yet been set.

The Korean diplomatic authorities are known to have persuaded the local authorities of the need for an autopsy in the process of providing consular assistance to determine the exact cause of death. The Korean police station dispatched to the area and officials from the Korean embassy in Cambodia determined that an autopsy was necessary to clarify criminal charges, such as negligence or intentional murder, as well as whether the victim had used drugs. After persuading the bereaved family, we accurately conveyed our position to the local investigative authorities, with whom we had established a cooperative relationship.

The scope of consular assistance varies. △According to the Consular Assistance Act for the Protection of Korean Nationals Abroad (Consular Assistance Act) △Passport reissuance or travel certificate issuance when passport is lost △Emergency passport issuance support when necessary △Residency request to related agencies in the host country upon receiving an emergency rescue request △Expedited overseas remittance system Assistance is provided, such as use support.

In particular, you can receive consular assistance when you are suspected of a crime abroad and are being investigated by law enforcement agencies in your country of residence, or when you become a victim of a crime. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs requests cooperation from relevant agencies in the host country so that Korean nationals residing abroad can receive humane treatment and prompt and fair investigations and trials when arrested, detained, or imprisoned. In addition, △provision of a list of lawyers and interpreters △guidance on criminal trial procedures △assistance such as identification and notification of related persons in the event of an incident or accident involving minors or patients residing abroad.

Son Jun-ho, a soccer player from the Korean national soccer team who is currently arrested in China, is also being provided with consular assistance. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on the same day that Son, a member of Shandong Taishan, who was detained by Chinese police, was interviewed three times by local diplomatic officials and confirmed that there had been no human rights violations. We plan to convey our position through diplomatic channels so that a quick and fair investigation can proceed.

The police are looking for a way to strengthen the cooperation system between the police resident and the local investigative authorities in order to expand the scope of consular assistance for such criminal cases. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge of the safety of Korean nationals living abroad, but in order to enhance the expertise of consular assistance in criminal cases, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs consulted with the National Police Agency and dispatched 66 incumbent police officers to 55 diplomatic missions in 35 countries.

Dispatched police officers are in charge of establishing a cooperative system by holding positions such as security consuls at overseas missions, collaborating with local investigative authorities and communicating with law enforcement agencies in the host country to arrest criminal suspects such as criminals fleeing overseas. In diplomatic missions without a police officer, a diplomatic official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge of the task.

It is known that the police will continue discussions with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to expand the resident officer in the future, as the role of the resident officer is gradually increasing, such as the number of people who have suffered injustice overseas.


Leave a Comment