Another Jeju paragliding accident… Electrocuted by 20,000V high voltage line
A tourist in his 60s who was paragliding on Jeju Island was caught in a high-tension wire and died.
According to the Jeju Eastern Fire Department, a report was received that a paraglider in flight near Seopjikoji Beach in Seongsan-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, was caught in a 16m-tall high voltage wire at around 4:35 pm on the 16th토토사이트.
The 119 rescue team and KEPCO tried to rescue A, a man in his 60s, who was riding a paraglider by using an elevated car after cutting off the power, but Mr. A crashed during the work. Mr. A was pronounced dead at the scene at around 6:29 pm that day.
The police and fire authorities believe that Mr. A died after being electrocuted by a high-voltage current of about 22,900V, and are investigating the exact circumstances of the accident.
Accidents related to paragliding have not stopped in Jeju Island. On the 24th of last month, a man in his 60s who was paragliding on a road near Geumak-ri, Hallim-eup, was trying to land, and was hit by a vehicle that was in motion. Fortunately, the vehicle was slow at the time and was not seriously injured.